Xenia spreads like a weed!!! You do not need to throw it away the unwanted ployps. Trade them on Frag Outpost!!
*Plastic mesh bag with small holes no bigger than this O
(one you would buy a sack of onions or lemons)
*Sharp razor blade or scissors
*1-1/2 to 2 inch pieces of rock, coral chucks, snail shells, anything really.
*A dish, tupperware ect w/ your tanks water in it.
1. Locate a larger established ployp. (pick the one you dont want to see anymore, not your awesome show one)
2. Cut close to the stalk's connection with the rock.
3. GRAB IT BEFORE IT FLOATS AWAY!!!
4. Put the cutting into the dish.
5. Take the cutting and cut it half into smaller pieces (a two inch colony would be cut four times.)
6. Take the mesh and cut it to an aporpiate size to the rock enough to rubber ban the mesh to the rock.
7. Take rock and the xenia colony and put the mesh over the colonies, make sure the polyps are facing up through the nets.
8. Rubber ban the mesh around the rock.
9. Quickly take your new colony and put it back into the main tank.
It will look bad for a while, brown and purple pale look to it, give it about two weeks or more and you will have a two inch tall stock and ploylps pulsing!!! Make sure you only trade healthy polyps use your best judgement!!
PS. this video http://www.garf.org/MPegs/XeniaPropagation.mpg
will help you out as well.
Good luck and happy fragging