Go Back   Frag Outpost Forums - Coral Propagation and Reef Aquarium Forums > FragOutpost Forums > Reef Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
rembranty

rembranty is on a distinguished road
Default First SPS Experience

I figured we could all talk about our first SPS coral experience here be it a good or bad one.

Here is mine. Well after originally thinking I would never do a reef aquarium, only fish, I moved into reef aquariums. Later SPS became an idea in my head so upon arriving at the local fish store I asked about SPS corals and the guy said "Who would want those, they are all brown?" Yes a store owner said this. Well months later and after changing store locations with a tank that was used for live rock them mangroves and another time, this tank was used for his large order of wild SPS corals. All running $60. Well I bought one a just a few days later, RTN. Rapid Tissue Necrosis, white band disease specifically, strips of flesh tear away from the inside and dont start from the tips. Well I was mad and before I knew it the whole tank he had had this happen so he got what he deserved for selling crappy corals. And he lost a lot. He is just always trying to make a buck. So now I really only by frags. Well that is my story, just when you start with SPS corals, start slow, buy ONE.

Last edited by rembranty : 03-30-2005 at 09:28 PM.
rembranty is offline   Reply With Quote