View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #14
FragOutpost
Administrator

FragOutpost is on a distinguished road

I really enjoy having my Flame Angel. I have never seen it nip any corals. I have heard that they can nip certain corals, but I would guess that most likely they are just eating the algae that might be growing around the corals.
One small tang in a 46 bowfront is kind of pushing the limits, not to mention two tangs in a 46. Tangs and Flame Angels will compliment each other nicely but these are rather big fish for a 46 gallon tank.

Ron Shimek recommends against keeping sand sifting gobies as they are essentially sifting out all of the organisms that are beneficial to your sand bed. Although they will do a good job at turning the top layer of the sand bed which will slow the growth of algae or diatoms.

The only green fish that I can think of off the top of my head at the moment would be the mandarin dragonets and the green chromis. The mandarins are difficult fish to keep as they will require a specialized diet of pods usually requiring a refugium set up to maintain a constant food supply and a lack of other fish that will compete for the same food source. Green chromis are a schooling fish that will do best when kept in groups of three or more and will require a lot of swimming room.

FragOutpost is offline   Reply With Quote