PDA

View Full Version : Newest Traded Frags

rembranty
03-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I just was able to contact a guy in my area with an awesome SPS tank, 180 gallon, 100 species of SPS frags. He gave me a few frags. One is a Purple Tortuosa and the other is some blue acropora I believe of some species I do not recall. One was fresh cut and the other was encrusted already. Just though I would share the pics and also some of a recent purchase. Apparently there are 3 other people in my area with big SPS tanks so hopefully I will aquire many others soon. I have a lot of Florida Ricordea if anyone is interested, all colors and 4 types of Xenia, silver, green, pink, and a white pom pom.

FragOutpost
03-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice looking frags! I recently picked up an ORA rose millie myself. I'm a little disappointed that it hasn't begun to color up very much. I wish I would have held out for a scripps pink or maybe a blue or purple millie. Oh well.

That tort is a slow grower but should color up great.

You gotta love those ORA green slimers. They are a great addition to any SPS tank. Great color on yours.

When your frags grow out we should set up another trade. :)
The toadstool I received from the last trade has already doubled in size and almost seems like it is getting bigger everyday. :D

rembranty
03-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Like I said my girlfriend's Uncle's toadstool got huge very fast. In my tank they just won't open really but they surely grow.

I just dropped my 150 double ended pendant(Ushio 10k Bulb) tonight from like over 9 inches off the water down to 2.25 inches off water. I only have one pendant right now so heat is not an issue. It still lights up the tank to 6 inches form both sides very well despite being so low now. I just shot more pics, good ones now. Those others were cropped from larger photos.

FragOutpost
03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Great looking frags!

Here is a shot of a green slimer I acquired a couple of days ago.

(With and without the flash)

rembranty
03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Nice green slimer. The guy I recently traded with said he would give a frag to a friend then have to have them point it out in their tank. He said the color and growth form could be so different taht he could not recognize it. I would not doubt if that is how our green slimers turn out. I know of one site that actually showed two that look different and they sold them as two varieties.

rembranty
03-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Here is where my purple tortuosa came from. Never hurts to see the parent colony.

D12monkey
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
:eek: Where's mine!!! :cool: :p

Fragguy
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
rembranty,

Did you order those frags from eTropicals.com within the last 4-5 months?

Rafael

rembranty
03-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Yes I did, well most of what I have are. The blue acropora no, purple tortuosa no, marshall islands no. The rest were great ORA frags via eTropicals. I think two were TCN, the coral nursery which were not encrusted so were a let down. Those were the birdsnest and tenuis. I have others I did not take pictures of. They were actually ordered very early this month.

Fragguy
03-24-2005, 12:47 PM
The Green Slimer, Miami orchid, Pink Bird's Nest(Thin branch), Yellow Chester(Bright fluorecent yellow with Fuzzy white polyps) and Green purple tip tenuis (yours lost alot of color but it will brighten up under good lighting) were supplied by TCN. You can tell which are the ORA frags, by the 2-3 inch thin plug base that they use.

Rafael

ClarkiiClown
03-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey rembranty I would be interested in some of your rics.....