PDA

View Full Version : Aquarist worst nightmare

D12monkey
02-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Well not the worst but along the same line. One of my 2 30 gal refugium glass cracked about a week ago. I lost about 30 gallons worth of my 29 gal setup. I had the display and 2 30 gal glass refugiums to increase the total amount of water circulating through my tank. Good thing I have redundancies built into my setups and didn't suffer major loses other than a little higher than normal ammonia levels do to the high bio load in the tank and lowered amount of water volume. :eek:

ClarkiiClown
02-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Well Im glad you didnt loose anything.

D12monkey
02-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I did lose some stuff but I'm happy it wasn't a total system crash. :( Lost a about 15 pieces of electric green Acropora formosa that I was growing out to post here and 5 pieces of orange/pink capricornis. An anemone and some crabs. But other than that it wasn't a total loss.

ClarkiiClown
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Well that sucks.

Sorry to hear that.

Hey looks like you have lots of sps

I want to get a small frag for my nano. I have 48W right now but I am going to upgrade to 72 at least.

What sps can live with the light I have?

I do have really good flow fyi

D12monkey
02-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Well That was almost all my sps. But I think that the wattage that you'll have will be enough for them. They are real difficult to grow and keep.

FragOutpost
02-05-2005, 08:15 PM
:eek:
Sorry to hear about your losses.
That sucks.
Cleaning up a large amount of water that has been spilt on to the floor is never fun.

D12monkey
02-07-2005, 09:36 PM
:eek:
Sorry to hear about your losses.
That sucks.
Cleaning up a large amount of water that has been spilt on to the floor is never fun.

Which is why I have placed tile in my the room with the tanks and keep a border around anything that can possibly get wet in case of a leak.