PDA

View Full Version : condy question

kaineo
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
i have a 40 gal oceanic w/ a 250w metal halide and i have started adding some corals. i have 2 galaxea, a torch coral, a flowerpot coral and about 40 mushrooms in my tank. the problem is i also have 2 condys in there too. will they harm or sting my corals????

D12monkey
08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Anemones are notorious about stinging other corals in the tank when they move around.

kaineo
08-31-2006, 09:18 PM
will they end up killing my corals. in my 29 gal i only have a 65w power compact. i'm afraid to move them in there because i have a parrot fish and i have heard that they feed on anemones. how would they do w/ 65w and the parrot fish.
:confused:

jinenon
09-02-2006, 02:09 AM
Im no expert on condi's but i can tell you that if you just keep an eye on them until they settle comfortably in a piece of live rock, they prolly wont move around and sting your other corals. I have 1 condi that got to the size of a small pumpkin. He started stinging my zoos so i moved the piece of live rock that he seemed to like. After that he got sucked up in one of my powerheads and i thought he would die for sure.....nope, i turned the PH off and let him pull himself out of it. That was a month ago and he is now as big as he was before and still has not moved from that piece of live/love rock lol. My galaxia stung more corals than the condi did. Wiped out half a colony of zoos overnight with those tentacles.....

Jesse