PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

UNDRWATER
08-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Hello everybody, just got a 36 gallon bow front, with a BAK PAK bio-filter, Lunar Aqua light by coralife, 40lbs live sand. I set up the tank yesterday, no live rock yet, wanted to get my spec. gravity and temp in te right places before adding. It has been a long time since I have set a tank up, this is one of my largest so far. Water in the tank is still a little cloudy but starting to clear, I am just running the filter at this point o circulate water. Any suggestions?

Teeka01
08-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Are you going to have a reef tank or is it going to be a FOWLR?

UNDRWATER
08-19-2006, 12:43 AM
it will be a reef tank, with some small fish, clowns, etc.

D12monkey
08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Welcome,

I would definately add the liverock ASAP as it not only will help in the cycle but will make it quicker to satablize the tank. If you have uncured liverock it will also have to cycle as when the rock is transported you have die off of Bateria and organisms that live in the rock, unless you are buying cured rock from you LFS (Local Fish Supplier).

UNDRWATER
08-19-2006, 02:17 PM
hpe it is not to big and shows up on thhe thread, I put my live rock in< water is clearing, BUT.... I am also running the protein skimmer that is incorporated with my CPR BAK PAK. Small bubbles are escaping into the tank, will this go away?

joey10sl
08-21-2006, 09:35 AM
hpe it is not to big and shows up on thhe thread, I put my live rock in< water is clearing, BUT.... I am also running the protein skimmer that is incorporated with my CPR BAK PAK. Small bubbles are escaping into the tank, will this go away?

most of the time as the protien skimmer breaks in the bubbles will slowly diminish, good luck :D...i wish i had a new aquarium....:rolleyes:hehe

staraquarist
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Sounds like it will be real cool, when finished...Can you post some pics when you are done? Let me know if you have success with the BAK PAK bio filter. Cheers.:D