PDA

View Full Version : My silly little Blenny

Teeka01
05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Let me start by telling you how my hubby modified a turkey baster. He took the turkey baster apart and put some 1/2" pvc inbetween the 2 piece and strip tied the baster together. So what I have is a turkey baster that reaches from the top of the tank to the bottom without having to keep putting my handss in the tank. Now back to the blenny.

Well when i feed my tank I use the baster to spot feed. The blenny is use to getting his mysis shrimp this way. So I found a dead limpet in the tank. So I pulled out my baster and went to get it. Well here charges the blenny. He thought it was food time. He kept pecking the baster. I had to brake his heart and not feed him. My hubby enjoys feeding time so much I have to wait until hes home to feed them. I didn't think I would get this much enjoyment out of a fish. This little guy has so much personality. He even runs over to the front glass sometimes when you come up to it.

FragOutpost
05-24-2006, 07:26 AM
That is a great idea on extending the turkey baster. I think I will have to try that whe I get home later. I always feed brine shrimp and mysis shrimp with a turkey baster and every time I stick the turkey baster in the tank to do something like blow off the rocks then all of my fish rush out and stare at the end of the baster waiting for food. :D

Teeka01
05-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Thank you, the credit for the extended turkey baster goes to my hubby.