PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Questions

jinenon
05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Ok guys, (and gals), im almost there thanks to all your help. I just got my Jebo quadplex 182 II. I dont think im doing something right and would like some input. The skimmer only came with a picture and no instructions for how to put it together or what to do to dial it in for max performance. Please take a look at the pics below and give me any input you can. I have never had nor can i find any info to read on skimmers. I also posted a pic of half my tank. The half that i have done the rockwork on. Let me know what you think everyone. Jesse

Symbiosis
05-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Are you getting any bubbles or foam at all? It could take some time to break in, but you should t least be getting some foam. Some closer pictures of the body of the skimmer would be helpful.

jinenon
05-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the quick response, im getting worried. Ok, first off lemme give you the test results i just did. Using aquarium pharm inc. kit, ammonia=@.7, nitrite=2.0, nitrate=.5 or close to it, ph=8.2. The tank has been fully operational for 2.5 days. Those levels are higher than when i removed the ug filter and Im worried because someone told me the tank wouldnt cycle much after removing the ug filter.
For the skimmer, (sorry for not explaining earlier), I cant get it to sit straight. Are you suppose to have the output tube/valve max? If so, i notice theres no bubbles coming all the way to the cup but im getting alot of tiny bubbles from the output tube into the tank making the tank look cloudy. I dont like that. Im gonna stop there and post. Im gonna go take a pic for you and finish with what ive noticed.

jinenon
05-19-2006, 12:16 AM
ok i hooked it up the way the pic showed. I first had the over the back bracktet inside the tank. Well, that caused the cup to not allow my hood to sit on the tank. So, I moved it to the over the back position. That helped with room for the light but the skimmer wasnt really doin much and it doesnt sit straight up, its got a major tilt from the side if you noticed the pic. At the base of the skimmer i was getting a major whirlpool of bubbles but they werent making it all the way up thru that inverted cone shape thing in the cup. No matter what position i put both valves in, I had massive bubbles in the outstream and the foam never reached to the top of that inverted cone in the collection cup. I'll stop here. thanks sym

jinenon
05-19-2006, 12:18 AM
BTW, those pics are with the skimmer off. I was afraid to damage anything before getting some advise....

Symbiosis
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
It's normal for it to put micro bubbles in the tank while it breaks in, but it should stop eventually. There should be some way to adjust the water level so the foam rises into the neck... might want to try a google search for some more help on this.