PDA

View Full Version : Any way we can get a small chat room going on the site?

EvilTwin
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I spend a lot of time answering posts while people are actually online. A chat room would be cool. I'll help out if I can.

FragOutpost
03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Currently my host does not allow real time chat scripts to be ran on the server. Sorry. :(

EvilTwin
03-05-2006, 02:43 PM
How about a link to an AOL chatroom or something? I belong to a forum for my project car and they have an AOL chatroom that is accessible from a button on the forum pages. All you need is a button with code like this:

aim:gochat?roomname=The+FragOutpost+Chatroom

FragOutpost
03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
I know that D12 was asking about a chat room a while back. If there is enough interest in having a chat room set up then I'll look into signing up for a free externally hosted chat service. If anyone else would be interested in using this then post here and let me know.

Peterock
03-05-2006, 03:50 PM
if any one want i can start up a chat page through myspace.com the you can still have access to here and there..........

FragOutpost
03-05-2006, 04:04 PM
sure, if there are enough people interested then we will start up a chatroom

EvilTwin
03-08-2006, 07:09 AM
If anyone is interested, install AOL Instant Messenger and sign up. Then use the following link in your web browser:

aim:gochat?roomname=The+FragOutpost+Chatroom&exchange=4

Or you can click this link below:

FragOutpost Chatroom (aim:gochat?roomname=The+FragOutpost+Chatroom&exchange=4)

This should open an AIM chatroom. I figure it's a free way for folks to gather and chat if they like, until something a little more permanent is developed. Since I'm up on AIM all day I'll hang out in there if anyone wants to chat.

FragOutpost
03-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for setting up the chat room EvilTwin. I think my laptop came with AIM installed. I'll fire it up in a few minutes and check.

EvilTwin
03-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I am in the room. My chat name is Tracer1989, so when you see me in there you will know it is me. I have the room open but if I don't respond right away I might be away doing water tests on my rock tank.:D

FragOutpost
03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
OK. I must admin that I am an idiot when it comes to AIM, chat rooms, etc. I fired up the laptop and everytime I click on anything AOL related it starts up this big process of registering me for internet service. They do not provide any "Cancel" or "Exit" button so the only way I can exit the registration process is to ctrl+alt+delete and end the process.

FragOutpost
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Big thanks to EvilTwin for setting up the AIM chatroom. A direct link to the chatroom will be posted shortly. Maybe we can get some scheduled topics set up some time. What is everybody's thoughts on this?

D12monkey
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Sound good.

EvilTwin
03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm for scheduled topic chats. A weekly or bi-weekly chat on the same night of the week.

Teeka01
03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Sounds great. This is my favorite forum.

Peterock
03-08-2006, 03:45 PM
So everything is set up and ready to go as far as the chat line goes..... I am at work most of the damn day and i dont have AIM access from here. I think we need to have 1 or 2 people get together and organize a set time and day for everyone to get on and chat and also i would have someone with a little more experience on to answer some more complicated questions not saying everyone else cant answer but to enforce from there past mistakes like myself.... :eek:

Teeka01
03-08-2006, 03:56 PM
We are trying it out. And there is someone in there that is always so helpful, D12.