PDA

View Full Version : Tricks of the trade

salazar
03-04-2006, 12:19 PM
I would like to start this thread for and gadgets or trick that make cleaning or maintence more enjoyable.

I am currently working on a special project.I am am waiting for a patent application.I cant tell you much because i dont have the patent yet. Prototyping will begin very soon. The processor board and Power supply boards are almost ready.What i can tell you Ladies and Gentalmen is that you can service and maintain right from the couch with your television remote.The best view of my tank is from my living room couch. Not that im lazy ( I work in electronics) but it is a large part of the room where the family spends lots of time..I im doing 2 things i really enjoy and i feel this will make aquariums a lot more enjoyable!!!!

FragOutpost
03-04-2006, 12:43 PM
An interesting gadget is the neptune controller which will send you an email about your tanks status. Another nifty device is the flood alarm which sounds a loud alarm if water is flooding your stand. Not really used for maintenance or cleanup but still an interesting gadget.

Is what you mentioned similar in function to an X-10 unit? Will is be internet accessible?
When you get your patent you will have to unveil your shroud of secrecy and tell us more about it. :D :)

salazar
03-04-2006, 01:04 PM
I have never heard of any of those products but this makes cleaning EASY!For a pretty interesting perspectve you might be able to get a fishes eye view into their world with some zoom all while watching it on t.v For alot more money of course. The base model will probably be very affordable.

salazar
03-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Its meant to clean but i guess i could do a couple of setups to do a variety of functions.

EvilTwin
03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Sounds like some sort of robotic, remote controlled cleaner. If that is true, having a small cam in there to see things from the fish perspective would be extremely cool.

FragOutpost
03-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Well if this robot can siphon detrious and kill aiptasia then sign me up!:)

D12monkey
03-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Well if this robot can siphon detrious and kill aiptasia then sign me up!:)

:notworthy Gimme 2.

salazar
03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Well functions are only limited by reasonable cost of purchasing and size.

D12monkey
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
LOL if it's effective at killing aptaisias then I'd PAY thousands for it. Dang pesky critters.