PDA

View Full Version : FloridaPets Order Arrived

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I placed an order with FloridaPets.com (http://www.floridapets.com/) recently and it arrived today. I ordered some astreas, blue legs, a serpent star, some lime green zoos, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a clown anemone shrimp, and some sea lettuce(ulva). Everything arrived alive and healthy and shipping was fast. John at FloridaPets is a great person to deal with and I highly recommend them. I suggest signing up for their mailing list where they post some excellent deals. Below are some pics I took while acclimating.

Here is a pic of the skunk cleaner shrimp -

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Here is the clown anemone shrimp. It is kind of difficult to see but it is in there. I placed the clown anemone shrimp in the tank right next to my seabae anemone and almost immediately the shrimp started to approach the anemone. It looked like the anemone thought it was food and tried to sting the shrimp, though. The shrimp is taking refuge under a rock next to the anemone. Hopefully, in time, the two will create a bond.

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 05:01 PM
The astreas and blue legs started moving around immediately after placing in the tank. Only have a pic of the astreas.

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Here is the serpent star -

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll post a pic of the zoos soon. They have only been in the tank a few minutes and have not opened up yet.

dickie52
02-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Nice looking goodies.......sometimes he has the blue zoos......they are killer!!!

What part of FL are you from?

FragOutpost
02-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Nice looking goodies.......sometimes he has the blue zoos......they are killer!!!

What part of FL are you from?Yeah the blue zoos are awesome, but I checked when I ordered and he does not have any in stock. Would love to get a small colony. BTW, I'm in Jax.

FragOutpost
02-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I got up this morning to see the clown anemone shrimp was perched on the anemones tentacles. :)

D12monkey
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Nice looking goodies.......

ditto

FragOutpost
02-23-2006, 11:21 PM
The anemone shrimp are cool. I'm very pleased with them.
The cleaner shrimp is a little shy and hides while the halides are on. Everytime the tang or angel swims by it runs out and tries to clean them. I don't think the fish have caught on yet though.

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I was happy to see that my purple tang and flame angel were both letting the cleaner shrimp do his job today. It is a fascinating activity to watch.

D12monkey
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Nice, You're gonna have to capture that on photo. :p set up with a remote control via photoshop. That way you can give them privacy. :p be a aqaurium voyour.

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 09:52 PM
:p be a aqaurium voyour.Sounds like my wildest fantasy! :D

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 09:53 PM
I can get 15 seconds of video feed with my camera. I'll see if I can get some footage of the shrimp getting a snack.