PDA

View Full Version : Brooklynella Disease

D12monkey
11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Here's a couple of photos showing the signs of Brooklynella. A common disease on clowns and few other fishes.

FragOutpost
11-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Yikes! That doesn't look very good. How long has the clown been showing signs of this? Isn't Brooklynella some sort of a parasite? Let us know if the little guy pulls through and recovers.

D12monkey
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
That photos is about a two weeks old. Just haven't posted it online.

The little guy is a trooper and is showing signs of healing. Without treating... Just fixing the low Magnesium that my tank was having and bring the temp down with my new chiller. That chiller sure is powerful

FragOutpost
11-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Glad to hear that he is healing! :)

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 10:52 AM
I picked up this clown yeaterday and put him in the tank. It looked very healthy and was swimming around with no problems. Today I find him floating upside down barely clinging to life. Brooklynella maybe? What do you think? How long does Brooklynella take to set in?

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Also, I added a forktail blenny at the same time who is completely healthy so far. All of my other fish seem fine as well.

D12monkey
02-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Could be but that looks like a really advanced stage which I don't think sets in that quickly. prob more like some fungal infection. Try an iodine dip but I would check with beth at http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb I believe she has a "doctorate" in fish disease.

D12monkey
02-24-2006, 09:29 PM
How's he doing?

FragOutpost
02-24-2006, 09:35 PM
How's he doing?Nemo is swimming in the big ocean in the sky right now. :(

I didn't think brooklynella set in that quickly, but wasn't sure as I've never encountered it before. When it comes to fish and diseases I've been pretty lucky in the past having only minimal problems. It just sucks to go to sleep and the fish looks fine and wake up to that. Oh well, I guess that is the risk we take when introducing new fish into our tanks.

D12monkey
02-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I've been better at using a lugul's iodine dip on all my fishes before adding them to the tank.