PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from my trip and hurting.

D12monkey
06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I got in last night from my extended trip to Brazil. Only to find out my 55 gal FOWLR tank crashed on me. It was completely encrusted with cyanobacteria and lost almost everything. Only 3 fish survived. :crybaby2: The salinity on my that was 1.09 SG. Lost all inverts in the tank and my tasmanian damsel. Now I have to completely take the tank down and start over.
My lionfishes are in my refugium in my reef tank now untill I can cycle the tank again. Just :angry4: me. Friend forgot the RO water switch in the on postion. Flooded the house too. Pumped over 50 gals into the house floor.

In total I lost 5 fish from my tanks. Plus numerous amounts of Inverts.

avbryce1
06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
oh man sorry to hear thatthat sucks and the floor too :mad: well I guess there is not much I can say... sorry about your tank :(

FragOutpost
06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Ouch! That sucks. Sorry to hear about that. It's bad enough your tank crashed but to come home to your house flooded as well, that's horrible. Good luck with restarting the tank. Keep us updated on the progress.

D12monkey
06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
:eusa_booh And to top it off I found out late last night that I have a nasty cause of red bugs on my sps in my other tank... :eusa_wall there goes my inverts... have to treat the tank with interceptor to get rid of them.

D12monkey
06-27-2005, 09:35 PM
:sad5: