PDA

View Full Version : Let's start a good discussion.

D12monkey
05-03-2005, 09:36 AM
As the title states. let's start a good discussion here. Let the topic be.....

Fumigation of houses with aquariums. What do you feel about it? So it be done? Or not? And which type should/shouldn't be done?

I personally feel that fumigation of a household with "smoke bombs" especially those with aquariums should not be done due to the fact that the "poison fumes" will eventually settle. And when it does; if it settles on the tanks water you are introducing the poisons into the water effectively contaminating the tanks water.

The type of pest control that I feel should be used should done with sprayers and baits. I would definately just use baits in the rooms with the tanks. To try and minimize the ammount of airborne pesticides which can possibly be introducted in the tanks.

Just my two cents.

FragOutpost
05-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I am probably overly cautious when it comes to chemicals or pesticides around my tank. I don't think that fumigation should be done in houses with aquariums. There is just too much of a risk of poisoning the aquarium. I would think that sprayers or any direct point of contact type pesticide would be ok to use as long as it was not in the direct vicinity of the aquarium.

D12monkey
05-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Amen :-p Now the question is which ones are most effective. LOL... :rolleyes: wonder when everyone else will chime in.

ClarkiiClown
05-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Pesticides are bad. If I had to bomb my house I think I would shut off all my pumps and cover the tanks with several layers of plastic wrap and a sheet too.

Bomb the house and air out as soon as possible. Then do a water change just to be safe.....